Alcohol Catering Permit

Alcohol Catering Permit

The alcohol catering permit allows an alcohol establishment holding a valid Idaho state alcohol retail license to serve and sell alcohol at a party, convention or other event at a location other than their licensed premises. The alcohol catering permit is limited to the authorization to sell liquor, beer or wine, or any combination thereof, based upon the type of Idaho alcohol license they possess. An alcohol catering permit is required when an organization, person or group intends to sponsor a party, convention or other event at a non-alcohol licensed premises, where the serving and selling of wine, beer or liquor by the drink will take place.

How to Apply

To apply for an Alcohol Catering Permit, complete and return the following documents:

  • Application
  • Site Plan noting where alcohol will be served and signage/security at exits

Please note: If you are the sponsor of the party or convention and will be handling the alcohol catering permit, you will need to print the application and take it directly to the licensed alcohol retailer to complete. They will need to provide their signature on the "responsible licensee name" line to verify their authorization for the permit.

Reminder: It takes approximately 14 working days to review the alcohol permit. Please turn the application in no less than 14 working days prior to the event date.