Code Board of Appeals
- 5:30 p.m. (or as otherwise stated on agenda)
- First Thursdays of the Month
- Community Development, 215 D Street, Lewiston
- Kelly Knapp
- Ron Hewett
- Alan Zander
- Terry Nab
- Jerry Brotnov
The Code Board of Appeals is legally empowered to
- Hear and decide appeals of orders, determinations or decisions made by the Building Official/Fire Marshal relative to the application and interpretation of the International Building Code/International Fire Code;
- Hear and decide suitability of alternate materials and methods of construction;
- Provide reasonable interpretation of the International Building Code/International Fire Code where the meaning may be obscure;
- Review new standards and codes, and make recommendations to the City Council pending consideration of new legislation.
The Code Board of Appeals is not authorized to approve changes in violation of the International Building Code/International Fire Code. The applicant has a burden to demonstrate to the Board of Appeals that an alternate material or method of construction will provide the same level of safety and durability intended by the material or method prescribed in the code.
Agendas & Minutes