Do's & Don'ts of Mobile Cart Service
- Place your mobile cart out before 7:00 am on collection day.
- Keep the lid on your mobile cart closed at all times to prevent littering.
- Residents must call Sunshine Disposal & Recycling at (208) 743-4075 the day before your collection day to have extra solid waste placed outside your mobile cart picked up. Additional fees apply. Businesses will have their extra solid waste picked up and be charged additional fees unless they contact Sunshine Disposal and direct them to leave all extras.
- Contact Sunshine Disposal & Recycling if your cart is damaged or stolen.
- Prior to moving, please contact the City at (208) 746-3671 (ext. 223, ext. 228, or ext. 252) to stop service.
- Contact the City to change the level of your mobile cart service (e.g., from 64-gallon to 32-gallon).
- For missed collection service, contact Sunshine Disposal & Recycling at (208) 743-4075 within 24 hours of missed service for next day collection. Also, you may contact the City at (208) 746-3671 (x 223, x 228, or x 252).
- Please remember to properly cover your vehicle when transporting solid waste to the transfer station.
- Clean your mobile cart regularly with a garden hose and household detergent. Dispose of waste water on lawn. Do not dispose of waste water in the street.
- Reduce household solid waste generated by reusing or recycling household products.
- All Styrofoam packing material must be placed in a securely bound plastic bag prior to placing in your mobile cart for collection. Mobile carts containing loose Styrofoam packing material will not be emptied.
- All loose material such as confetti and paper should be placed in a securely bound plastic bag. Mobile carts containing loose confetti and paper may create a littering problem for you and your neighbor.
- Dispose of dirt, sand, brick, rocks, dead animals, animal remains, or animal feces in your mobile cart.
- Use your mobile cart for gasoline, oil, solvents, paint, or other liquid or hazardous materials.
- Place hot ashes or coals in your mobile cart.
- Exceed the weight limits for your mobile cart.
- Place at curb, edge of travel way, or edge of alley on any day except collection day.
- Paint, mark, or otherwise deface your mobile cart. Remember you are responsible for your cart and any damage caused by you.
- Misuse your mobile cart.
- Exceed a weight of 35 pounds per plastic bag for extra solid waste placed outside your mobile cart for pick up. Remember additional fees apply (see rates).
- Dispose of your solid waste in dumpsters located throughout the city. These dumpsters are for private use only and unauthorized disposal is considered a theft of service which may be punishable by fine.
- Place yard and garden waste in your mobile cart.
- Place extra bags or cardboard boxes of solid waste on top or outside of your mobile cart. Remember you must contact Sunshine Disposal & Recycling at (208) 743-4075 to arrange for extra solid waste placed outside your mobile cart for pick up.
- Take building construction waste to the transfer station. This material goes to an approved landfill.
Home Occupations as authorized by Lewiston City Code may be permitted to combine residential and commercial service into one account under the mobile cart system, where requested by the owner.