Where to Find Emergency Cards
The distinctive 5" x 8" emergency information cards are available at:
Advantages to Using Emergency Cards
- Fire stations
- Home health care organizations
- The Area Agency on Aging
- Other health care providers
- Other agencies that focus on senior citizens and youth
- A variety of public education events
The cards allow individuals to enter vital personal, family, and medical information. The use of emergency cards has the following advantages:
- When affixed with magnets to the refrigerator, they provide easy reference and retrieval by public safety personnel.
- The cards provide important information for patient medical care, much like the Vial of Life program did many years ago and medical alert wrist bracelets do now.
- They are easy to find in a highly visible location and more apt to be kept current.