There are numerous volunteer advisory boards and commissions that assist the City Council by providing recommendations on various policy issues. The Lewiston City Council and administration greatly appreciate the many hours of hard work and thoughtful advice citizens have selflessly volunteered through municipal boards. The City of Lewiston is becoming a better community every day because of the many volunteers who so generously work together with City Councilors and staff.
Nominees are selected by the Appointment Review Subcomittee based on completed applications for appointment. Nominations are then brought before the full City Council for confirmation.
- Code Board of Appeals
- Emergency Management Services Advisory Commission
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Library Board
- Parks and Recreation Commission
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Solid Waste Advisory Commission
- Transportation Advisory Commission
- Urban Forestry/Cemetery Advisory Commission
- Youth Advisory Commission
To apply for an open position, fill out the application
or contact Kari Ravencroft, City Clerk, at 208-746-3671, ext. 6203.