Location / Acreage
- 716 13th St. (Poe Grade)
- 4 acres
View a photo gallery of Fenton Park.
About Fenton Park
Fenton Park is located just north of Bert Lipps Pool and has a playground along the hillside for the younger set (and the young at heart) to enjoy.
The park was renamed in honor of John L. "Jack" Fenton (1870-1937), who was a partner in the local real estate firm of Fenton, Mohundro & Hardin and was a city councilman in the 1920s and 1930s. He died in the mental hospital at Orofino, where he had been committed for "senile psychosis." The park seems to have been renamed some time prior to his death. The Spokane Daily Chronicle (December 2, 1937, p. 5) comments that "Fenton Park was named in honor of his career as a city official."
- Information compiled by local Historian Steven Branting
Fenton Park has: