Alcohol Beverage

An alcohol beverage license is required when any person is:

  • Selling or dispensing beer or wine by the drink
  • Selling or dispensing beer or wine by retail
  • Selling or dispensing liquor

All alcohol license applications must have copies of the State of Idaho Liquor License and Nez Perce County Liquor License attached. Alcohol licenses must be renewed annually on or before January 31st each year.

How to Apply

Apply, complete, and return the Alcohol Beverage License Application (PDF)

City Code

For more information on Alcohol beverage licenses, see Lewiston City Code Chapter 6 Alcoholic Beverages.

State & County Alcohol Licenses

  • For information on a State alcoholic beverage license, contact the Idaho Department of Law Enforcement, Alcohol Beverage Control Office Toll-free 888-222-1360 or 208-884-7060.
  • For information on a County alcoholic beverage license, contact the Nez Perce County Auditor’s Office at the County Courthouse, 1230 Main Street, Lewiston or by phone 208-799-3020.

Please note: You may apply for an alcohol beverage license during the interim of receiving your state and county licenses, but a license will not be issued until copies of the state and county licenses are provided.