At the Lewiston City Library, we are dedicated to providing free and open access to knowledge, ideas and information and to support our community in the pursuit of learning. Below you will find a wide variety of educational and workforce development resources for adults, from learning about computers for the first time to gaining new workforce skills and broadening your resume. There is something here for everyone!
Applied Digital Skills is a free education platform developed by Google for Education and is intended for individuals looking to expand on their digital skills. These courses center around the digital tools in Google’s G Suite of applications and requires a Gmail account to sign-in and participate. If you do not have Gmail, accounts are free to open and use.
To start learning:
If you are new to computers, haven’t used them for a while, are a little unsure and uncomfortable, or just need a bit of a refresher, we have the tools to help you tackle technology at your own pace and gain the confidence you need to succeed. DigitalLearn is provided by the Public Library Association (PLA).
EdX is a trusted platform for education and learning. Founded by Harvard and MIT, edX is home to more than 20 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world and industry-leading companies. As a global nonprofit, edX is transforming traditional education, removing the barriers of cost, location and access. Fulfilling the demand for people to learn on their own terms, edX is reimagining the possibilities of education, providing the highest-quality, stackable learning experiences. Supporting learners at every stage, whether entering the job market, changing fields, seeking a promotion or exploring new interests, edX delivers courses for curious minds on topics ranging from data and computer science to leadership and communications. edX is where you go to learn.
A comprehensive collection of test preparation tools, skill-building materials, and career resources. Use to prepare for college and career, education tutoring, software tutorials, and workforce development. Funded by LiLI.
- Adult Learning Center - This center offers busy adults the resources to improve their basic skills in reading, writing, and math, prepare for high school equivalency tests, and U.S. citizenship.
- Career Center - Are you preparing for a professional exam? Curious about a particular occupation or looking to improve your workplace skills? This center will set you up for a bright career future.
- College Preparation Center - Study for and practice college admission tests and application essays. From AP Exams to the ACT and SAT, this center is devoted to college entrance.
- High School Equivalency Center - Use this center to prepare for the GED™ test and other equivalency exams with tutorials, eBooks, and practice tests.
- Popular Software Tutorials - Learn to use the most popular software programs from Microsoft Office, along with Adobe Photoshop, and the Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
The LiLI Databases (LiLI-D) provide full-text reference materials in the form of electronic articles from magazines, professional journals, newspapers, encyclopedias, reference books and more. LiLI tools are free to all Idaho residents.
The Lewiston City Library’s Niche Academy provides tutorials for a number of library resources, services, and databases. Browse through the full list or check out our curated categories for Social Media, Genealogy, Tech Talk & more.
Provides both guided and self-directed instruction for 131 foreign languages, and ESL for 51 non-English languages, along with Course Designer, which allows for the creation and deployment of custom courses by educators. Pronunciator uses a variety of tools (e.g., drills, quizzes, feature films, streaming music with lyrics, poetry, plays, culture notes, etc.) to provide 360-degree exposure to a language within a safe, structured learning environment. Funded by LiLI.