- Boards & Commissions
- Public Works Advisory Commission
Public Works Advisory Commission
Powers & Duties
The commission shall have the following powers and duties:
- Advise and make recommendations to the Public Works Department and the City Council on matters related to public works activities or infrastructure, which could include recommendations regarding potable water services, wastewater treatment and collection, industrial pretreatment, street maintenance and traffic control, sanitation, development, and engineering.
- Assist the Public Works Department in reviewing and determining the feasibility of topics related to the Public Works Department, which could include master plans, rate recommendations, and setting improvement priorities.
- Serve as a sounding board for the Public Works Department and provide feedback and advice on certain public works agenda items that go before the City Council for consideration. It is expected that the Public Works Advisory Commission will aid in the filtering and vetting of such items by providing knowledge and depth on the subject matter.
The commission will meet monthly on the second Wednesday of every month from 12pm to 1pm in the Bell Building 2nd Floor Meeting Room at 215 D Street in downtown Lewiston. Public Works Advisory Commission meetings are recorded live and can be accessed on the City's Vimeo.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following City Council approval.
The commission shall consist of seven members including two sitting City Councilors, five citizens of Lewiston, and one ad hoc student member. The terms of advisory boards and commissions shall be for three (3) years.
|Kathy Schroeder, Chair and Council Liaison||Term Expires - 1/2024|
|Kevin Kelly, Vice-Chair||Term Expires - 3/2026 |
|Kassee Forsmann, Council Liaison||Term Expires - 1/2024|
|Laura Wright||Term Expires - 3/2026|
|Ryan Rehder ||Term Expires - 3/2026|
|Kayleigh Philippi, Student Member||Term Expires - 3/2026|
We are currently seeking candidates for two vacant seats. If you are interested in applying, please complete the Application for Advisory Commission Board (PDF) and submit it to the City Clerk for consideration.
Do you have comments you would like to share with the commission?
You can share your comments:
- in-person at the monthly meeting;
- by emailing email@example.com; or
- by calling 208-553-2662 and leaving a message
Comments submitted by email or phone will be forwarded to the Public Works Advisory Commission. If you would like your comment to be read out loud during the meeting, please include that in your email or phone message.