Posted on: June 20, 2020
No More Late Fines?
As of February 1, the Lewiston City Library will no longer collect late fines for materials returned past their due date.
What does this mean for you?
- You will no longer be charged a daily overdue fine.
- We will clear any overdue fines you may have on your account, but any fees for lost or damaged materials will still need to be paid.
- In order to make sure your account has been cleared, it would be best to bring overdue materials directly to a help desk and discuss them with a library employee.
- You are still responsible for returning materials on time as overdue items will now cause your account to be suspended sooner, blocking further use of library digital and physical materials.
- Materials kept 60 days past the due date will be considered lost and full payment for the items will be expected.
- Please remember, other patrons may be waiting for the materials you have checked out.
- Still feel like you need to pay a fine? The library accepts donations if you feel you need to pay for overdue materials.