Lewiston City Library users may put items on hold through their library account or call the library to request items. We will bring your items out to you when you arrive to pick them up. No contact necessary!
Curbside Pick-up Procedure:
- Library users can place items on hold through their Valnet account.
- If you are unsure how to log into your Valnet account and place holds, please see this helpful tutorial provided by the Valnet Consortium.
- Once you have placed items on hold, wait until you have received a notification from the Lewiston City Library that your items are available for pick-up. You will be contacted either by phone, email, or text message depending on your account settings. Once you are notified, you may come down to the library to pick them up.
- When you arrive at the library, park along the 5th street curb (the entrance with the fountain) and call us at 208-798-2525 to let the staff know you are at the library and awaiting your items.
- Library staff will ask your name and a few other verification questions. They will then check out your holds and bring them out to you. You may be asked to wait in a specific area in order to maintain social distancing.
- If you have items to return, they can be placed in the outside dropbox which is located in the wall on the 5th street side of the building, denoted by a metal overhang with a "Dropbox" sign on it. Library staff will not take return at curbside.
- Please keep in mind that if a staff member doesn’t answer your call when you arrive, it is simply because we are helping another patron. Please leave us your name and phone number and we will return your call ASAP.
For questions please call the library at 208-798-2525.