How can I prevent getting novel coronavirus?
You can take steps to protect yourself and others during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person. Recent studies indicate that people who are infected but do not have symptoms likely also play a role in the spread of COVID-19.
- There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Here's how you can do that:
- Stay at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people.
- Do not gather in groups.
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings.
- Disinfect frequently used surfaces.
- Avoid touch greetings, like hugs, kisses, etc.
- Use mail-order for medications, if possible, and consider a grocery delivery service. Learn about special services offered by grocery stores and pharmacies in Lewiston.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others, including when you have to go out in public.
City of Lewiston - Coronavirus Info.