New Rates - Effective Oct. 1, 2018
Sign up HERE to tour the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Sign up HERE to tour the Water Treatment Plant.
TOURS END NOVEMBER 21, 2018
THESE RATE CHANGES ARE ESSENTIAL FOR TWO PRIMARY REASONS: SUSTAINABILITY/INVESTMENT AND QUALITY OF LIFE.
SUSTAINABILITY AND INVESTMENT: our water and waste water treatment plants have been providing quality services to homes, businesses and parks for over 94 years. When they were built (Water Treatment Plant, 1924 - Wastewater Treatment Plant, 1958), they were state of the art. Now, they need to be updated. It will never be cheaper to invest in these upgrades to bring Lewiston into the 21st century.
LEWISTON IS NOT ALONE! Communities across the country are plagued by crumbling infrastructure.
QUALITY OF LIFE: If these upgrades are not funded, there’s potential for the City to go without clean water.
LET'S TALK SPECIFICS:
Wastewater Treatment Plant - 70% of the facility is on the verge of COMPLETE FAILURE
- Provides sewage treatment for all Lewiston residents
- Treats 3.7 million gallons per day and 1.5 billion gallons per year
- Minimal upgrades since 1983
- If it fails, the city would be subject to daily federal fines that would eventually be passed onto rate payers
- The new flat fee for single family homes will be an increase of $13.23/month:
Fees remain a flat rate for single family homes and are assessed per unit.
New fee is not based on consumption, size of meter, or any other method.
- You can see these needs for yourself! Click HERE to sign up for a tour of the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Water Treatment Plant - 74% of the facility is on the verge of COMPLETE FAILURE
- Changes ONLY apply to meter size, not consumption rate.
- The average single-family home meter size and fee increase:
Meter Size: .75 inch = $20.30/month
Meter Size: 1 inch = $25.43/month
- You can see these needs for yourself! Click HERE to sign up for a tour of the Water Treatment Plant.
IN A NUTSHELL, WHY ARE THE FEES BEING CHANGED?
- For replacement of necessary parts, equipment and aging/failing infrastructure
- To fix the facilities and assure everyone they can turn on their faucets and flush their toilets without a worry
- To provide proper water flow to maintain fire protection for you, your home/business
- It will NEVER be cheaper to replace and rebuild the facilities to provide service into the future for you and your neighbors
HOW THE RATE CHANGES WILL AFFECT YOU:
The following calculator can help you estimate your monthly utility billing increase effective October 1, 2018. This calculator provides single-family residential utility rates ONLY for City of Lewiston services. If you have multiple sanitation carts, you live in a multi-family dwelling and/or you operate a commercial business, please call or email Utility Billing at 208-746-3671 ext. 0, email@example.com for assistance in calculating your new rate. This calculator is not intended for LOSD, COSD, or LOID customers.
Instructions for using this calculator:
Enter your current billing information under the Inputs section (refer to your utility bill). Increases for sanitation, water, and wastewater will be calculated in the Outputs section based on your answers. The amounts provided are not a representation of your total bill, but the amount that will be added to your bill effective October 1, 2018.
Click HERE to view all utility billing rates.